Application & General Guidelines
Application and Payment
- Registration and payment can be made in either of the following ways:
I. Complete appropriate application form together with a crossed cheque payable to "The Hong Kong Council of Social Service" and submit to HKCSS Institute by post, fax or in person. The application form can be downloaded HERE.
II. Enrol through the Institute's on-line membership and payment system: https://institute.hkcss.org.hk/login/
- Applicants who enrol for more than one activity/course should pay separately for each activity/course. Please make correct payment for the fee required. Incomplete application form or wrong payment will not be processed.
- Activities of HKCSS Institute are specially catered for HKCSS Agency Members, who can also enjoy early bird discount. The discount is subject to the application period of each course.
Remarks: Applicants are entitled to enjoy the early bird discount if payment is made on or before the early bird deadline.
- Applicants are normally processed on a first come, first served basis, unless otherwise stated. Application result will be notified through email prior to the activity/course commencement. Please contact the Institute if you do not receive any notification one week before the activity/course starts (Tel: 2876 2434 / 2876 2416).
- Unless otherwise stated, the closing date for application is three weeks before the commencement of the activity/course. Late applications will only be considered if there are vacancies.
- For award-bearing and professional programmes, applicants will normally go through a selection process. Please refer to specific programme descriptions for entry requirements. Admissions are subject to the selection criteria and availability of seats. Applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements are not guaranteed successful applications.
- Withdrawal, change of programmes, transfer of fees and seats are not allowed upon confirmation of application acceptance. Applicants are required to settle the fees by respective payment deadlines. The Institute reserves the right to issue payment advice to respective organizations for any unsettled payments after the deadline.
- Fees paid are not refundable for withdrawal or absence from the enroled programmes.
- Certificates will be awarded to participants achieving at least 80% of the total course hours (unless otherwise specified). A statement of attendance can be issued upon written request for those who fail to satisfy the requirement for certificate issuing.
- The Institute reserves the right to make any changes to the activity/course when necessary. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel an activity/course owing to insufficient enrolment or other special occasions, and to notify the applicants via email. Refund of programme fees will be arranged.
- The Institute reserves the right to arrange photo taking, video or voice recording during activity/course for the purpose of promotion in the future.
- A personal account will be created by the Institute in the on-line membership system according to the personal data provided on application forms. The information is used by the Institute only for enrolment and administration purposes. Under the provision of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have the right to request access to and make correction of their personal data. Applicants wishing to make amendments on personal data should submit written requests to the Institute by emailing to [email protected].
- Application procedures can be completed electronically in the Institute's on-line membership system after successfully registering and being accepted as the Institute's member.
- Mobile phones and pagers should be switched off during classes.
- The copyright of all course materials supplied to students belongs to the Institute. All these materials are for private study purpose only.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended all the time. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
- The Institute has the authority for disciplinary policies relating to cheating in examinations, plagiarism or other misbehaviours during classes.
Typhoons and Bad Weather Arrangement
For activities that have not yet started:
If the Typhoon Signal No.8 or above / the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is / will be in force on or after the following times, all activities will be suspended as stated:
|On or after the following times||Activities Affected|
|6:00 a.m.||Morning activities that start before 1:00 p.m.|
|12:00 noon||Afternoon activities that start between 2:00 & 6:00 p.m.|
|3:00 p.m.||Evening activities that start from 6:00 p.m.|
For activities and examinations that have already started:
|When Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is issued||Immediately suspend||Continue until the end of that examination session, unless the examination venue is found to be threatening the students' safety|
|When Black Rainstorm Signal is in force||All participants and speakers should take shelter at a safe place until the weather and traffic conditions have improved||Continue until the end of that examination session, unless the examination venue is found to be threatening the students' safety|
Guidelines on Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
To safeguard public health, please take note of the following precautionary measures to minimize the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19:
- Please observe the following environmental and personal hygiene measures:
- Always wear surgical mask during class. Masks can be provided if necessary.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the lift lobby for disinfection
- Maintain appropriate social distancing
- Flush the toilet properly with lid covered
- Wash hands with soap after going to toilet
2. In line with the Government’s pandemic policy, participants are required to have temperature checks,
scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code (「安心出行」二維碼) and present their Vaccine Pass (疫苗
通行證) for verification to show evidence of vaccination or medical exemption certificate upon entry to the
class venue. For details of the Vaccine Pass, please visit HERE.
3. Eating and drinking is prohibited in the venue. During pandemic period, no food or beverages (including
water dispenser machine) will be provided in the class venue.
4. Please leave the venue as soon as possible after class to avoid gathering of crowds.
5. If feeling unwell or having fever or respiratory symptoms, please refrain from attending class, seek
medical advice at once, and inform HKCSS Institute immediately.