Application & General Guidelines
Application and Payment
- Registration and payment can be made in either of the following ways:
I. Complete appropriate application form together with a crossed cheque payable to "The Hong Kong Council of Social Service" and submit to HKCSS Institute by post, fax or in person. The application form can be downloaded HERE.
II. Enrol through the Institute's on-line membership and payment system: https://institute.hkcss.org.hk/login/
- Applicants who enrol for more than one activity/course should pay separately for each activity/course. Please make correct payment for the fee required. Incomplete application form or wrong payment will not be processed.
- Activities of HKCSS Institute are specially catered for HKCSS Agency Members, who can also enjoy early bird discount. The discount is subject to the application period of each course.
Remarks: Applicants are entitled to enjoy the early bird discount if payment is made on or before the early bird deadline.
- Applicants are normally processed on a first come, first served basis, unless otherwise stated. Application result will be notified through email prior to the activity/course commencement. Please contact the Institute if you do not receive any notification one week before the activity/course starts (Tel: 2876 2434 / 2876 2454).
- Unless otherwise stated, the closing date for application is three weeks before the commencement of the activity/course. Late applications will only be considered if there are vacancies.
- For award-bearing and professional programmes, applicants will normally go through a selection process. Please refer to specific programme descriptions for entry requirements. Admissions are subject to the selection criteria and availability of seats. Applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements are not guaranteed successful applications.
- Withdrawal, change of programmes, transfer of fees and seats are not allowed upon confirmation of application acceptance. Applicants are required to settle the fees by respective payment deadlines. The Institute reserves the right to issue payment advice to respective organizations for any unsettled payments after the deadline.
- Fees paid are not refundable for withdrawal or absence from the enroled programmes.
- Certificates will be awarded to participants achieving at least 80% of the total course hours (unless otherwise specified). A statement of attendance can be issued upon written request for those who fail to satisfy the requirement for certificate issuing.
- The Institute reserves the right to make any changes to the activity/course when necessary. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel an activity/course owing to insufficient enrolment or other special occasions, and to notify the applicants via email. Refund of programme fees will be arranged.
- The Institute reserves the right to arrange photo taking, video or voice recording during activity/course for the purpose of promotion in the future.
- A personal account will be created by the Institute in the on-line membership system according to the personal data provided on application forms. The information is used by the Institute only for enrolment and administration purposes. Under the provision of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have the right to request access to and make correction of their personal data. Applicants wishing to make amendments on personal data should submit written requests to the Institute by emailing to email@example.com.
- Application procedures can be completed electronically in the Institute's on-line membership system after successfully registering and being accepted as the Institute's member.
- Mobile phones and pagers should be switched off during classes.
- The copyright of all course materials supplied to students belongs to the Institute. All these materials are for private study purpose only.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended all the time. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
- The Institute has the authority for disciplinary policies relating to cheating in examinations, plagiarism or other misbehaviours during classes.
Typhoons and Bad Weather Arrangement
For activities that have not yet started:
If the Typhoon Signal No.8 or above / the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is / will be in force on or after the following times, all activities will be suspended as stated:
|On or after the following times||Activities Affected|
|6:00 a.m.||Morning activities that start before 1:00 p.m.|
|12:00 noon||Afternoon activities that start between 2:00 & 6:00 p.m.|
|3:00 p.m.||Evening activities that start from 6:00 p.m.|
For activities and examinations that have already started:
|When Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is issued||Immediately suspend||Continue until the end of that examination session, unless the examination venue is found to be threatening the students' safety|
|When Black Rainstorm Signal is in force||All participants and speakers should take shelter at a safe place until the weather and traffic conditions have improved||Continue until the end of that examination session, unless the examination venue is found to be threatening the students' safety|
Influenza Pandemic / Other Respiratory Infection
Please click HERE for information of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
To prevent Influenza Pandemic, we should continue to be vigilant at all times.
- 1. Please observe the following environmental and personal hygiene measures:
- - Antiseptic liquid is available at the lift lobby. Please use when needed.
- - Always carry a mask with you. Put on one when you or the people around you have symptoms of respiratory infection. Masks can be provided if necessary.
- - Flush the toilet properly with lid covered.
- - Wash hands after going to toilet.
- - Avoid contact with live poultry or birds or their droppings. They may carry the avian flu virus. Wash hands immediately after handling them.
- 2. Do NOT attend class/forum/visit if you have Fever of 38°C or above, put on a mask and seek medical advice promptly.
- 3. If you have flu symptoms, please wear a mask to prevent spread of disease. Seek medical advice if appropriate.
- 4. If you return from places with confirmed cases of Pandemic Influenza, it is advisable to wear a mask for 7 days.
- 5. If feeling unwell, develop respiratory illness or fever within 7 days after returning from a place affected with Pandemic Flu or having history of close contact with a suspected or confirmed case(s):
- - Do NOT attend class/forum/visit.
- - Wear a mask.
- - Inform Centre for Health Protection by ringing Hotline: 2125 1111.
- - Inform HKCSS Institute to arrange withdrawal: 2876 2434 / 2876 2454