Advanced Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs - Budget Management and Budgetary Control and Monitoring for NGOs (Session 1) (Full-house)
The certificate is a new programme specially designed to help NGO staff of non-financial background who are responsible for accounting / financial issues to master more advanced knowledge and skills in managing NGO finance.
• To provide more in-depth knowledge of financial management and accounting for centre supervisors / service managers in managing NGO finances
• To help managerial staff master budgetary control and monitoring for making good decisions
• To develop appropriate strategies for funds development and fundraising from financial perspective
• To assist centre supervisors / service managers in developing and implementing risk-based internal control, handling disclosure of information and public accountability with confidence
Practice of budget preparation for NGO
• To practice the budget preparation and walk through the whole budgeting process
• To master the concern areas during budgeting process and how to tackle those areas smartly
How to conduct budgetary control and financial monitoring for NGO
• To practice the budgetary tools used in services shaping for better budgetary control
• To study limitation of those budgetary tools
• To execute the financial monitoring for how to achieve a better end result
Note: It is assumed that participants have already had the basic knowledge of cost information and budgetary planning before enrolling in the course.
|Time||:||0900 - 1700 (7 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||Center Supervisors, Service Managers (non-financial professionals) responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 1,240.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 214.00 ("Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 1,070.00 (Payment on or before 16/07/2019 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2470 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Mr. LAM , Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA
Financial Management Consultant
Mr Steve Lam was previously the Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration) of the Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 30 years and in the social service organisations, he can provide insights to NGO staff in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining NGO sector, he had well experience in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. Steve is also an experienced trainer in many similar training courses for social work professionals and is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics in relation to financial management. He is now an Honorary Lecturer in the Department of Social Work and Social Administration of the Hong Kong University and currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practising Accountant (Australia).
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
Selection Criteria :
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
• Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total.