Advanced Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs - Risk-based Internal Control for NGOs (Session 4)
The certificate is a new programme specially designed to help NGO staff of non-financial background who are responsible for accounting / financial issues to master more advanced knowledge and skills in managing NGO finance.
• To provide more in-depth knowledge of financial management and accounting for centre supervisors / service managers in managing NGO finances
• To help managerial staff master budgetary control and monitoring for making good decisions
• To develop appropriate strategies for funds development and fundraising from financial perspective
• To assist centre supervisors / service managers in developing and implementing risk-based internal control, handling disclosure of information and public accountability with confidence
How to set-up a risk based internal control system for NGOs?
• To master techniques of how to set up a risk based internal control system
• To study potential areas for investigations under Lump Sum Grant subvention system
• To monitor financial risk for projects/activities
|Time||:||1400 - 1700 (3 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||Center Supervisors, Service Managers (non-financial professionals) responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 530.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 92.00 ("Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 460.00 (Payment on or before 22/08/2019 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2470 or email@example.com|
Ms. LAW , Elizabeth 羅君美女士
FCPA (Practising), CA (Canada), ACA (England & Wales), FCPA (Australia), CPA (Canada) / Certified Public Accountants / Member of LAWCPA Network
Stephen Law & Company / Law & Partners CPA Limited
Ms Law has over 30 years’ experience in finance and accounting. She is the founding president and a council member of Association of Women Accountants (Hong Kong) Limited. Mr Law had varies roles in the Society of Chinese Accountants and Auditors: President (1993), Chairman of Taxation Committee, Vice Chairman of Insolvency Committee, Vice Chairman of Government & Professional Bodies Relationship Committee, and currently is a Council Member. She participates in government appointments & community services, such as Chairman of the Employment Development Services Limited, Chairman of Sacred Canossian College Alumnae Association Education and Charitable Fund Ltd, and Member of Inland Revenue Department Users' Committee. She is also the Hon. Treasurer of Hong Kong Council of Social Service.
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
Selection Criteria :
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
• Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total.