Practical Skills and Essential Components for Funding Proposal Writing
NGOs are used to preparing funding proposals for various funders. However, after submitting the funding proposals, it is less likely that NGOs could have the opportunity to receive substantial feedbacks from the funding organisations regarding their submitted proposals. In this regard, project staff of the NGOs could hardly learn from the process and enhance their skills on proposal writing.
From the funders’ perspectives, this course aims to facilitate participants to understand the vetting or assessment requirements, consideration and the handling procedures of the government and private foundations, as well as to learn some practical skills and essential elements to review and evaluate the applications.
- To enhance participants’ capacity in preparing funding proposals
- To understand the essential elements of funding proposal writing
- To increase participants’ understanding of the requirements and concerns of funders when they vet or assess the proposals
- Work procedures of government and family/private foundations in handling the fund applications
- Key components of a funding proposal and important points to note
- Skills in presenting complicated project ideas precisely in a structured manner
- How to review and evaluate your funding proposals
- Factors which influence the chance of success
- Fatal mistakes that should be avoided
- In-class exercise (please refer to Remarks)
Remarks: To maximise the learning experiences, participants are encouraged to bring along one funding proposal, either soft copy or hard copy, that they have previously prepared to the class. The proposal is only for your own reference and would not have to be shared with the trainer or other participants.
|Date(s)||:||17 Nov 2022 (Thu)|
|Time||:||0930 - 1700 (6 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||NGO Managerial & Supervisory Staff|
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 1,100.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 192.00 ("Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 960.00 (Payment on or before 27/10/2022 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2434 or [email protected]|
Ms. WONG Pui Man 王佩雯女士
Registered Social Worker, formerly worked as Project Manager in the Keswick Foundation and Project Officer in the Sustainable Development Fund
Ms. Wong worked in various funding organisations, both government fund and private foundations for more than ten years (including 8 years in the Keswick Foundation and 6 years in the Sustainable Development Fund of the HKSARG). Her duties included vetting and assessing proposal applications, discussing project details with NGO applicants, as well as preparing papers and the information to facilitate the decision-making process of the board.
Besides, as registered social worker who had worked as a unit-in-charge of Youth Volunteer Network of the Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups for 5 years, Ms. Wong had experiences in preparing proposals for various funders as well. She has a solid understanding of frontline services and could provide valuable recommendations to help participants improve their project content.
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
About Vaccine Pass & "LeaveHomeSafe" QR Code
- All participants are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" venue QR code and present their Vaccine Pass for verification to show evidence of vaccination or medical exemption certificate upon entry to the class venue.
- Depending on the latest pandemic situation, the mode of course delivery might change to online class.
- No refund or course withdrawal will be made due to non-fulfillment of QR code scanning and Vaccine Pass verification and / or change of course delivery mode.
- For details of the Vaccine Pass (疫苗通行證), please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/chi/vaccine-pass.html