Certificate in Fundraising for NGOs - Ethics and Compliance in Fundraising with Case Illustrations (Session 8-core)
In order to be sustainable, social service organisations need to find and diversify the funding source. This course helps social work practitioners to formulate their fundraising strategy and identify different ways of fundraising to enhance their organisations’ fundraising capability. It is designed for NGO practitioners who would like to expand their knowledge and advance their practical skills on fundraising.
• To introduce the fundraising strategic plan and its planning cycle
• To describe the concept and application on donor relations management and it’s relation to network building and sustainability
• To introduce typical fundraising tools with NGO examples
• Ethics and code of conduct
• Government measures to enhance the monitoring of general charitable fundraising activities
• Legal knowledge related to fundraising: reporting for public fundraising activities, charity sale and definition of tax deductible donations, illustrated with cases.
|Time||:||0930 - 1700 (6 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
• The full certificate programme is designed for NGO staff working in fundraising, communications, and donor relations at managerial or supervisory levels.
• Individual sessions are suitable for NGO staff who are interested in specific topics.
• Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 1,010.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 184.00 ("Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 920.00 (Payment on or before 11/09/2018 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2470 or [email protected]|
Mr. MA Kam Wah , Timothy 馬錦華先生
Ma Kam Wah & Co
Under Mr Ma’s 16 years’ leadership, SCHSA is now commented as the most successfully self-financed social enterprise
serving multi-thousand service users in Hong Kong. With his prior solid fundraising experience, he is now a trainer on Fundraising and Risk Management and has conducted lots of staff training for the NGOs on topics like Team Building, Creativity and Innovation, Leading Efficient Meeting, Resource Development, Efficient and Effective Supervision Funding Proposal. He is now the Chief Consultant of Ma Kam Wah & Co, a management consultancy supporting NGOs fundraising, strategic planning and risk management training.
Mr. LEUNG , Wilfred 梁志衡先生
The Salvation Army
Wilfred oversees the resources and relationship development for The Salvation Army in Hong Kong and Macau. He was originally trained as a biochemist and worked in the scientific field for a number of years before joining the non-profit sector. For the past 11 years, he has served in various sized local and international non-profit organizations responsible for public education, fundraising, central administration and project management. Wilfred was previously general manager of Charles K. Kao Foundation for Alzheimer’s Disease, focusing on dementia care and education.
Wilfred graduated from the University of London with a BSc (Hons) and the University of Hong Kong an MPhil, both in biochemistry, and the University of Manchester an MBA. He has given guest lectures on fundraising, grant application and social marketing at the HKCSS Institute and various local higher education institutions.
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
NGO Capacity Development Fund: The full certificate programme participants have higher priority to apply for subsidy under NGO Capacity Development Fund.