Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs - Disclosure of Financial Information and Public Accountability for NGOs (Session 4)
To empower aspiring or newly appointed financial professionals with technical skill-sets and management insights
• Preparation of Business Review Report for NGOs
• New Company Ordinance disclosure requirements for NGOs
• Accounting frameworks, HKFRS, HKPE, SME-FRS applicable to NGOs
• Disclosure requirements for audited financial statements for NGOs from an audit’s perspective
• Reserve accounting for NGOs from an audit’s perspective
|Course Code||:||21A-C01 (Original: 19B-C04)|
|Time||:||0930 - 1700 (6 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||Financial professionals responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|Language||:||Cantonese supplemented with English (Course materials in English)|
|HKD 1,060.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 184.00 ("Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 920.00 (Payment on or before 01/06/2021 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2434 or email@example.com|
Mr. LAM , Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA / Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration)
Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children
Mr Steve Lam is responsible for the areas of Agency’s finance, accounting, general administration and information technology. He has fruitful experiences in dealing with practical financial issues of social service organisations. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 25 years and in the social welfare sector, he is able to provide insights to NGO staffs in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining HKSPC, he was the Finance Manager of an NGO and has already had well experience in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. He is also an experienced instructor in many similar training courses for social work professionals. Steve is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics relating to financial management. He currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practicing Accountant (Australia).
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Capacity Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Accounting Staff in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Classification of Financial Professionals (based on role and responsibility)
• Level 1 : Basic accounting functions: data entry, simple accounting book closing: ledger, journal entries, petty cash handling, checking accounting entries and records, procurement, etc.
• Level 2 : Full set of accounting function: Accounting role up to the closing of a centre's accounting books including the preparation of financial statements and schedules for external audit and SWD compliance, participating in the preparation of the centre's budget result for comparison and investigation.
• Level 3 : Full financial accounting function up to the agency level: Write up books and accounts for the statutory audit and annual compliance for government departments, like SWD & EDB. To discharge the role properly, some financial management knowledge and techniques are needed to be equipped with, like break-even analysis, relevant costs for decisions and pricing decisions, etc.
All Levels 1, 2 and 3 draw reference to NGOs’ financial management environment
• Applicants of the full certificate programme shall have attained either Level 2 or 3
• Session 1 and 2 are available for enrolments for NGO staff at all three levels
• Due to the course nature, Session 3 and 4 are not suitable for NGO staff at Level 1
Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 1)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 2)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 3)