【FULL】An NGO Approach to Procurement (Session 1 - From Practice to Compliance)
- To provide participants with necessary procurement knowledge and skills in NGO environment and assist them in handling daily procurement issues and practices
- To assist participants in developing and implementing internal control and related compliance for procurement
- To understand SWD’s Internal Control and Accounting Inspection on various daily operations including procurement
- To provide an overview of procurement in NGO environment
- To walk through procurement issues and practices in daily operations under Lotteries Fund including Block Grant and Major Grant
|Date(s)||:||12 Jul 2022 (Tue)|
|Time||:||0930 - 1745 (7 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||Frontline / accounting staff or finance and non-financial professionals responsible for or involved in the procurement operation
(Staff members from SWD subvented organisations are preferred as the course shall cover procurement issues and practices of LSG Manual and Lotteries Fund.)
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 1,290.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 224.00 ("Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 1,120.00 (Payment on or before 21/06/2022 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2434 or [email protected]|
Mr. LAM Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA
Financial Management Consultant
Mr. Steve Lam was previously the Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration) of a local NGO. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 30 years and in the social service organisations, he can provide insights to NGO staff in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining NGO sector, he had rich experiences in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. Steve is also an experienced trainer in many similar training courses for social work professionals and is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics in relation to financial management. He is now an Honorary Lecturer in the Department of Social Work and Social Administration of the Hong Kong University and currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practising Accountant (Australia).
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
- The course is not offered on the basis of first come, first served.
- Screening of applications by HKCSS Institute and the trainer for eligibility for taking the course may apply.
- Participants who have previously attended the workshop "An NGO Approach to Procurement – From Practice to Compliance 21B-08” organised by HKCSS Institute on November 2021 can directly enroll for Session 2.
- Participants are not required to study "Lump Sum Grant Subvention System – Part I or Part II” before taking this course.
About Vaccine Pass & "LeaveHomeSafe” QR Code
- All participants are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code and present their Vaccine Pass for verification to show evidence of vaccination or medical exemption certificate upon entry to the class venue.
- Depending on the latest pandemic situation, the mode of course delivery might change to online class.
- No refund or course withdrawal will be made due to non-fulfillment of QR code scanning and Vaccine Pass verification and/ or change of course delivery mode.
- For details of the Vaccine Pass (疫苗通行證), please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/chi/vaccine-pass.html