Advanced Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs - Session 3
【Session 3 - Financial Perspective of Funds Development and their Strategies for NGO’s Sustainable and Long-term Growth】
Fundamentals of fund development, different and diversifying fund sources and their strategies
- To identify and describe different funds development and their sources
- To explain the strategies of how to obtain funds for NGO’s sustainable and long-term growth
- Case studies on why financial sustainability is so important today
- To explain fund-raising policy, different campaigns and events execution for NGOs
- To practise campaigns and events execution on how to do better fund-raising for NGOs
|Date(s)||:||7 Sep 2022 (Wed)|
|Time||:||0930 - 1745 (7 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||NGO managerial & supervisory staff (non-financial professionals) responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 1,290.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|HKD 224.00 ("Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme"- the highest subsidy amount is 80% of the course fee. Please refer to “Financial Assistance”.)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 1,120.00 (Payment on or before 17/08/2022 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2434 or [email protected]|
Mr. LAM Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA
Financial Management Consultant
Mr. Steve Lam was previously the Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration) of a local NGO. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 30 years and in the social service organisations, he can provide insights to NGO staff in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining NGO sector, he had rich experiences in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. Steve is also an experienced trainer in many similar training courses for social work professionals and is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics in relation to financial management. He is now an Honorary Lecturer in the Department of Social Work and Social Administration of the Hong Kong University and currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practising Accountant (Australia).
Quota is set for each course in "Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme". All applications are subject to approval. For details, please click HERE .
- The course is not offered on the basis of first come, first served.
- Screening of applications by HKCSS Institute and the trainer for eligibility for taking the course may apply. Cheque Payment only.
- Priority will be given to applicants who:
> enroll in the full certificate programme; and
> have previously completed "Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs” organised by HKCSS Institute.
Certificate of "Advanced Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs” will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of all four sessions with 80% attendance in total.
About Vaccine Pass & "LeaveHomeSafe” QR Code
- All participants are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code and present their Vaccine Pass for verification to show evidence of vaccination or medical exemption certificate upon entry to the class venue.
- Depending on the latest pandemic situation, the mode of course delivery might change to online class.
- No refund or course withdrawal will be made due to non-fulfillment of QR code scanning and Vaccine Pass verification and/ or change of course delivery mode.
- For details of the Vaccine Pass (疫苗通行證), please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/chi/vaccine-pass.html