Advanced Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs - Financial Perspective of Funds Development and their Strategies for NGO’s Sustainable, Long-term Growth (Session 3)
The certificate is a new programme specially designed to help NGO staff of non-financial background who are responsible for accounting / financial issues to master more advanced knowledge and skills in managing NGO finance.
• To provide more in-depth knowledge of financial management and accounting for centre supervisors / service managers in managing NGO finances
• To help managerial staff master budgetary control and monitoring for making good decisions
• To develop appropriate strategies for funds development and fundraising from financial perspective
• To assist centre supervisors / service managers in developing and implementing risk-based internal control, handling disclosure of information and public accountability with confidence
Fundamentals of fund development, different and diversifying fund sources and their strategies
• To identify and describe different funds development and their sources
• To explain the strategies of how to obtain funds for NGO’s sustainable, long-term growth
• Case studies of why financial sustainability is so important today
Fund-raising policy, campaigns and events execution from financial perspective
• To explain fund-raising policy, different campaigns and events execution for NGOs
• To practise campaigns and events execution on how to do better fund-raising for NGOs
|時間||:||0930 - 1730 (7 小時)|
|地點||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|對象||:||Center Supervisors, Service Managers (non-financial professionals) responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|語言||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|港幣 1,240.00 (社聯會員機構職員)|
|港幣 214.00 (「小型機構能力發展津貼計劃」最高資助額為學費80%，詳請瀏覽－「資助計劃」內容)|
|早鳥費用||:||港幣 1,070.00 (在 07/08/2019 或之前繳款, 只限社聯會員機構職員)|
|查詢||:||2876 2470 or [email protected]css.org.hk|
Mr. LAM Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA
Financial Management Consultant
Mr. Steve Lam was previously the Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration) of a local NGO. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 30 years and in the social service organisations, he can provide insights to NGO staff in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining NGO sector, he had rich experiences in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. Steve is also an experienced trainer in many similar training courses for social work professionals and is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics in relation to financial management. He is now an Honorary Lecturer in the Department of Social Work and Social Administration of the Hong Kong University and currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practising Accountant (Australia).
Selection Criteria :
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Non-financial Professionals in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
• Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total.