Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs - Budget Management for Specific Fund Grants and Financial Controls for NGOs (Session 1)
To empower aspiring or newly appointed financial professionals with technical skill-sets and management insights
Practice of budget preparation for NGOs
• To practice the budget preparation and walk through the whole budgeting process
• To master the concern areas during budgeting process and how to tackle those areas smartly
How to conduct budgetary control and financial monitoring for NGOs
• To practice the budgetary tools used in services shaping for better budgetary control
• To study limitation of those budgetary tools
• To execute financial monitoring for how to achieve a better end result
Note: It is assumed that participants have already had the basic knowledge of cost information and budgetary planning before enrolling in the course
|時間||:||0930 - 1800 (7 小時)|
|地點||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|對象||:||Financial professionals responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs
|語言||:||Cantonese supplemented with English (Course materials in English)|
|港幣 1,240.00 (社聯會員機構職員)|
|港幣 214.00 (「小型機構能力發展津貼計劃」最高資助額為學費80%，詳請瀏覽－「資助計劃」內容)|
|早鳥費用||:||港幣 1,070.00 (在 12/05/2020 或之前繳款, 只限社聯會員機構職員)|
|查詢||:||2876 2470 or email@example.com
Mr. LAM , Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA / Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration)
Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children
Mr Steve Lam is responsible for the areas of Agency’s finance, accounting, general administration and information technology. He has fruitful experiences in dealing with practical financial issues of social service organisations. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 25 years and in the social welfare sector, he is able to provide insights to NGO staffs in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining HKSPC, he was the Finance Manager of an NGO and has already had well experience in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. He is also an experienced instructor in many similar training courses for social work professionals. Steve is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics relating to financial management. He currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practicing Accountant (Australia).
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Accounting Staff in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Classification of Financial Professionals (based on role and responsibility)
• Level 1 : Basic accounting functions: data entry, simple accounting book closing: ledger, journal entries, petty cash handling, checking accounting entries and records, procurement, etc.
• Level 2 : Full set of accounting function: Accounting role up to the closing of a centre's accounting books including the preparation of financial statements and schedules for external audit and SWD compliance, participating in the preparation of the centre's budget result for comparison and investigation.
• Level 3 : Full financial accounting function up to the agency level: Write up books and accounts for the statutory audit and annual compliance for government departments, like SWD & EDB. To discharge the role properly, some financial management knowledge and techniques are needed to be equipped with, like break-even analysis, relevant costs for decisions and pricing decisions, etc.
All Levels 1, 2 and 3 draw reference to NGOs’ financial management environment
• Applicants of the full certificate programme shall have attained either Level 2 or 3
• Session 1 and 2 are available for enrolments for NGO staff at all three levels
• Due to the course nature, Session 3 and 4 are not suitable for NGO staff at Level 1
Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 2)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 3)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 4)