Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs - Financial Perspective of Funds Development and Service Performance Management for NGOs (Session 2)
To empower aspiring or newly appointed financial professionals with technical skill-sets and management insights
Practice of funds development from financial perspective
• To identify and describe different funds development and their sources
• To explain the strategies of how to obtain funds for NGO’s sustainable, long-term growth
• Case study of why financial sustainability is so important today
Assessing service performance and its measurements from financial perspective
• To introduce the Balanced Scorecard in NGOs and how they assist us in preparing a better financial performance and measurement
• To walk through KPIs, benchmarking and non-financial performance measures used by NGOs
|時間||:||0930 - 1800 (7 小時)|
|地點||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|對象||:||Financial professionals responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|語言||:||Cantonese supplemented with English (Course materials in English)|
|港幣 1,240.00 (社聯會員機構職員)|
|港幣 214.00 (「小型機構能力發展津貼計劃」最高資助額為學費80%，詳請瀏覽－「資助計劃」內容)|
|早鳥費用||:||港幣 1,070.00 (在 19/05/2020 或之前繳款, 只限社聯會員機構職員)|
2876 2470 or [email protected]
Mr. LAM Steve 林志輝先生
BSc (Econ), MBA, FCMA, CPA (Aust), FCPA
Financial Management Consultant
Mr. Steve Lam was previously the Deputy Director (Finance & General Administration) of a local NGO. With his experiences in the financial profession of over 30 years and in the social service organisations, he can provide insights to NGO staff in topics relating to financial management. Prior to joining NGO sector, he had rich experiences in financial and management accounting, financial management and taxation in the commercial sector. Steve is also an experienced trainer in many similar training courses for social work professionals and is a popular speaker in many NGO seminars with topics in relation to financial management. He is now an Honorary Lecturer in the Department of Social Work and Social Administration of the Hong Kong University and currently holds the qualifications of Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant and Certified Practising Accountant (Australia).
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Accounting Staff in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Classification of Financial Professionals (based on role and responsibility)
• Level 1 : Basic accounting functions: data entry, simple accounting book closing: ledger, journal entries, petty cash handling, checking accounting entries and records, procurement, etc.
• Level 2 : Full set of accounting function: Accounting role up to the closing of a centre's accounting books including the preparation of financial statements and schedules for external audit and SWD compliance, participating in the preparation of the centre's budget result for comparison and investigation.
• Level 3 : Full financial accounting function up to the agency level: Write up books and accounts for the statutory audit and annual compliance for government departments, like SWD & EDB. To discharge the role properly, some financial management knowledge and techniques are needed to be equipped with, like break-even analysis, relevant costs for decisions and pricing decisions, etc.
All Levels 1, 2 and 3 draw reference to NGOs’ financial management environment
• Applicants of the full certificate programme shall have attained either Level 2 or 3
• Session 1 and 2 are available for enrolments for NGO staff at all three levels
• Due to the course nature, Session 3 and 4 are not suitable for NGO staff at Level 1
Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 1)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 3)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 4)