Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs - Fund Management and Strategic Financial Management for NGOs (Session 3)
To empower aspiring or newly appointed financial professionals with technical skill-sets and management insights
An Overview of NGO’s Fund Management
• To review the existing investment vehicles and constraints in NGOs
• To explore alternative investment opportunities for better fund management
• To write up effective investment strategies, policies and guidelines for NGOs
Strategic Financial Management Roles and Requirements in NGOs
• To build the strength and competency of financial and accounting team through leadership and management skills
• To integrate and interface with services on how to create a better strategic financial management function in NGOs
• To master good practices on the roles and requirements of financial professionals in NGOs
Pre-training survey: Upon confirmation of enrolments, participants are invited to send their daily problematic areas or issues of handling their accounting/financial job for peer learning during the class
|時間||:||0930 - 1800 (7 小時)|
|地點||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|對象||:||Financial professionals responsible for accounting and financial operations of subvented and / or non-subvented services of NGOs|
|語言||:||Cantonese supplemented with English (Course materials in English)|
|港幣 1,240.00 (社聯會員機構職員)|
|港幣 214.00 (「小型機構能力發展津貼計劃」最高資助額為學費80%，詳請瀏覽－「資助計劃」內容)|
|早鳥費用||:||港幣 1,070.00 (在 2020-05-22 或之前繳款, 只限社聯會員機構職員)|
2876 2470 or email@example.com
1. Preference will be given to applicants who enroll in the full certificate programme.
2. Those who have completed HKCSSI’s Certificate in Accounting Practice and Financial Management for Accounting Staff in NGOs will take priority.
3. Applications from target participants who can meet the above two selection criteria will also be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Classification of Financial Professionals (based on role and responsibility)
• Level 1 : Basic accounting functions: data entry, simple accounting book closing: ledger, journal entries, petty cash handling, checking accounting entries and records, procurement, etc.
• Level 2 : Full set of accounting function: Accounting role up to the closing of a centre's accounting books including the preparation of financial statements and schedules for external audit and SWD compliance, participating in the preparation of the centre's budget result for comparison and investigation.
• Level 3 : Full financial accounting function up to the agency level: Write up books and accounts for the statutory audit and annual compliance for government departments, like SWD & EDB. To discharge the role properly, some financial management knowledge and techniques are needed to be equipped with, like break-even analysis, relevant costs for decisions and pricing decisions, etc.
All Levels 1, 2 and 3 draw reference to NGOs’ financial management environment
• Applicants of the full certificate programme shall have attained either Level 2 or 3
• Session 1 and 2 are available for enrolments for NGO staff at all three levels
• Due to the course nature, Session 3 and 4 are not suitable for NGO staff at Level 1
Certificates will be issued by the HKCSS Institute to participants upon successful completion of session(s) enrolled with 80% attendance in total
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 1)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 2)
Advanced Certificate in Financial Management for Accounting and Financial Professionals in NGOs (Session 4)