Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers (Session 2) - Social Work Intervention and Cross-sectoral Collaboration in Primary Healthcare (1)
【Session 2 - Social Work Intervention and Cross-sectoral Collaboration in Primary Healthcare (1)】
Note: This session is part of the “Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers”. Enrollment for this individual session is NOT applicable. For details of the full certificate programme, please click HERE.
- To understand the roles of social worker in primary healthcare setting (tertiary prevention)
- To build up professional competence in psychosocial care in healthcare
- To acquire knowledge and skills in chronic care management
- To strengthen capacity in inter-professional collaboration
- Roles of social worker in primary healthcare setting (tertiary prevention)
- Introduction on the bio-psychosocial perspective
- Inter-professional collaboration in primary healthcare
- Overview on chronic care models
- Application of chronic care models at different levels of prevention in primary healthcare setting
|Date(s)||:||9 Nov 2022 (Wed)|
|Time||:||0930 - 1700 (6 Hours)|
|Venue||:||Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
|Target Participants||:||Registered social workers who are interested to know more about or support primary healthcare initiatives|
|Language||:||Cantonese (supplemented with English)|
|HKD 0.00 (For HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Early Bird Fee||:||HKD 0.00 (Payment on or before 16/09/2022 for HKCSS Agency Member Staff Only)|
|Enquiries||:||2876 2434 or [email protected]|
Dr. Leung Kit Ting , Joanne 梁潔婷博士
Lecturer at the Department of Social Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Dr. Leung Kit Ting (PhD, Registered Social Worker) is a lecturer at the Department of Social Work at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (SWK/CUHK). She is an experienced social work practitioner in healthcare and multi-sectoral setting. Her expertise is in social work palliative care for cancer and non-cancer patients, end of life care and advanced care planning. She works on patients and families’ health-care decision-making dilemma, chronic disease management and patient support group service. She not only works on social work intervention with people having acute, chronic and terminal illnesses, but she also embraces the strength of achieving common goal and synergy of work in an inter-professional collaboration.
At present, she is the clinical practitioner and member at “Family and Group Practice and Research Center” (SWK/CUHK) and she is recognized as the Fellow of the Asian Academy of Family Therapy. Her expertise is to work with children and families with crisis of child maltreatment, parenting difficulties, rare diseases as well as adolescents’ mental health challenges, substance abuse, emotional and behavioral issues. Her research interests are ranging from family-based intervention, child protection, palliative care and social work in health care to program evaluation and practice-based research.
"Small NGO Talent Development Subsidy Programme" does not apply to this course. For other financial support, please click HERE .
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Session 1 (Overview of Primary Healthcare and its Development in Hong Kong)
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Session 3 (Health Promotion and Community Participation)
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Session 4 (Social Work Intervention and Cross-sectoral Collaboration in Primary Healthcare (2))
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Session 5 (Enhancing Social-medical Collaboration with Technology-based Solutions)
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Session 6 (Human Library: Primary Healthcare)
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Visitation 1 (HIA Pharmacy)
Certificate in Primary Healthcare for Social Workers - Visitation 2 (Sham Shui Po District Health Centre)
About Vaccine Pass & "LeaveHomeSafe" QR Code
- All participants are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" venue QR code and present their Vaccine Pass for verification to show evidence of vaccination or medical exemption certificate upon entry to the class venue.
- Depending on the latest pandemic situation, the mode of course delivery might change to online class.
- No refund or course withdrawal will be made due to non-fulfillment of QR code scanning and Vaccine Pass verification and / or change of course delivery mode.
- For details of the Vaccine Pass (疫苗通行證), please visit https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/chi/vaccine-pass.html